Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Design Sneak Peak and Kitty Kat Attacks!


If you scroll down the page a bit, you'll see that I wrote a post which shows a drawing of my newest design.  Here is how the wallhanging looks when almost finished...

It's going to be called "Popcorn Treats".  I'll also include instructions/pictures for a tablerunner too.

 I'm still working on writing the instructions which has proven to be a ghastly bear to do.
For me, writing the instructions has always been the most dreaded and time consuming part of being a designer.  Most times it takes longer to create and write the instructions than it does to actually stitch the design. In this case, both have taken a lot of time.  The problem I'm having with the finished product has to do with our CATS

Both of our cats have an equal love for wool.  Wool roving ...the furry stuff is especially loved.  Since I use wool roving to stuff the cranberries that you see on the popcorn garland, they both do whatever they can to rip the berries off and play with them while attempting to eat them. 
I've known it to be a problem and try my best to hide the roving so that they can't get to it.  Sometimes I forget to put it away and they instantly zoom in for the roving treat.
 They can even smell the stuff through plastic ziploc baggies.  I had a baggie of it buried deep down at the bottom of a box of odds & ends and sewing things  One or both of them managed to get it out of the box, rip open the baggie and make a mess...everywhere.

This design is especially  loved by them because not only does it have delicious smelling cranberries stuffed with roving which roll very nicely along the floor, it also has wool popcorn, which is especially fun for pushing about the room along with the cranberries.
They managed to pull off all of the popcorn and berries from the finished mat TWICE now.  I keep forgetting to put it away after working on it and they find it each time.  Also, I have the loose wool popcorn in a bowl ...storing it there until I make enough to string it into a garland.  Every day, I find pieces of wool popcorn throughout the house ...from the one day that I accidentally left the bowl out.  They must have carried them and dropped them at different places throughout the house.
It's been quite an ordeal and because of the missing popcorn, I've had to make waaay more because of those darned cats!

I do have to say at this point that hubby & I love these cats and most times, they are entertaining to watch. I could never punish them for their misdeeds ...I blame myself for forgetting each time to put my work up away from them!  Every time our grandson comes over for a visit, he asks me what kind of "mischief" the kitties got into since his last visit.  I ALWAYS have stories to tell him about these kitties. 
Thank goodness, Christmas season is still a ways away.  I will get this all done and have the completely finished pattern ready to sell, hopefully by next week.
Stop back then to hopefully see better finished pictures...or if the kitties attack it again, you might just see some bad mischievous kitty pictures instead.

Happy Day everyone!

.

1 comment:

suz said...

the design is adorable and I love the popcorn and berries! As a cat owner, I sympathize! My cat will tell me what she's done and expect rewards for it - she's quite creative particularly with my threads! My older cat loved common pins and safety pins. She'd take them off the table and out of the pincushion and bring them to her food bowl. I had to hide pincushions because of that.