Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Let’s ThinK About Spring Flowers

I don’t know about you, but it’s this time of year that I start thinking about flowers. 
It’s not something that I force myself to think about just to help me get through the rest of these cold wintery days.  I just automatically/instinctively think about flowers.
This is the time of year that I start my flower seeds indoors, so I think that has a lot to do with it. 
But I love stitching flowers too.  All kinds of flowers.
Pansies, geraniums, tulips,  … gosh I could go on and on.  From all the penny rug candle mats that I’ve made with flowers, I’ve not done many to sell as patterns. 
So I think it’s time to start introducing some of my flower designs to sell as patterns.
I’ll start with Violets.
violets
I made this design a few years ago to sell as a finished candle mat. I’ve had lots of requests for the pattern for this one, so now it’s time.
You can see, I’m not quite finished with it, but I hope to get it finished by tonight. 
I love this design.  It was inspired by the wallpaper border that I have upstairs in our bedroom…wallpaper

Ok, yes, I realize that they really don’t look much alike at first glance, but look at those mottled leave colors.  And notice how the leaves are arranged to make the base and the flowers branch up from them.
That’s the look that I want. 
Ok, I’m off to get this finished.

Happy Day everyone!

2 comments:

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Your designs are always just lovely! :-)

Rebecca P said...

Oh I love the violets, can't wait to see it finished.