Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh Those Annoying Crows!

 EDIT 4/29/16  I've changed my mind about crows.  They are amazing intellegent creatures!
Did you arrive here from the link that was on my website??
CLICK HERE if you did!

Somewhere, in a previous post, I made mention of how much I dislike crows.
Real crows are annoying, obnoxious, loud and GIANT PESTS.  If you’ve ever had crows nesting in trees close to your house, you will understand completely.
I know they’re popular in primitive decorating so managing my distaste for them, I have included crows in some of my designs.
However, I have always said that the crows that I draw for designs will always be nasty and realistically crow-like.  I’ve refused to make them adorable and cute …..
Gosh ….  until now!  
Crow My newest design doesn’t have a name yet…. I really want to name it
“DaMn Crows” but that really wouldn’t be appropriate, I guess.
We’ve been fortunate the last  year or so to NOT have nesting crows on our property.  Sure, I can hear them once in a while, cawing and being obnoxious, but they’re not waking me in the morning.
That’s probably the main reason why I’m so willing to make some cute crows.  But I think I jinxed myself because wouldn’t you know it …
I was just finishing up some of the very last stitches on this yesterday morning when I went to the front door, opened it to let in fresh air, only to see TWO &!!# CROWS out in the driveway!

And since I mentioned finishing up the last stitches on this … does this always happen to you too ?…
CIMG0463 This seems to happen to me every time … I get THIS^^ close to finishing and run out of thread!

Anyway, the new crow design pattern should be ready to sell on Monday.  I still have to think of a name for it …. leaving curse words out!

Happy Day everyone!

11 comments:

Kigwit said...

You know, they kind of look like Heckle and Jeckle (the cartoon ones). Still, very cute. I like their eyes.

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Hi Cathy,
Love it!!!!! And yes, that happens to me too....running out of thread with just inches to go to be done!!!!
Have a great weekend.
Lois

jennifer768 said...

Love it ! Have a wonderful weekend!Hugs,Jen

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

I think your blog post title is perfect for the piece as well lol. I too HATE those loud, destructive birds. We have some hawks that live in our neighborhood that constantly do battle with the crows. Needless to say, I root for the hawks! Love the penny rug though!

Maryjo said...

Your designs are absolutely darling!I love each and every one...such a talent you have!It is always a treat to read your blog...have a wonderful weekend!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great design Cathy!
I dislike crows also, but love this candle mat.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I think Cursed Crows would fit as a name but might not sell very well. LOL! Maybe Crow's Feet would work as the feet of the little guys/gals are evident on each crow. That might not sell well either since those of us who are looking at "Crow's Feet" on our faces, don't need to be reminded of that. Whatever you name it, your designs are just plain grrreeeaat!

diamondc said...

I love this new pattern I am going to order tha pattern today.
Thank-you for such adorable patterns.
Catherine
diamondc

Anonymous said...

Hi......I'm new to this. I'm making felt ornaments to possibly sell. Question: if I buy your pattern for the felt snowman ornament("Let it Snow")....and make ornaments to sell...does that allow me to do this? I've seen places where you have to buy a "license" - but that's for each separate ornament right? Would appreciate your input - want to do it the right way...thanks

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

You didn't give me any way to respond to you privately about this. If you could email me, I can answer your questions about selling. My email address is cathspennies@gmail.com

emsgram said...

what a lovely website. so glad that I found you. your patterns are just beautiful. I have never tried wool applique so I certainly look forward to taking my time and really looking at your kits. thank you!