Friday, March 27, 2009

Strawberries!

It's that time of year when we start to see the fresh strawberries at the grocery store. Every year, I always make a few strawberry pin cushions to go along with the season. I thought I'd adjust my strawberry pattern and use it for a candle mat.
Haha, when I first lay out the wool cut out pieces, I always question whether the design will work out. It looks bad without all the stitching and embellishments. I forge ahead and stitch it because I know it probably will look nice after it's completed. Sometimes, I admit, I scare myself with some of the designs. I made a Christmas tree mat a few months ago that I wouldn't even want to give away. It was one of those "holy cow, that's ugly" kind of mat.

I had to increase the pattern size to fit better into the scallopped background. I always like to look at pictures of my layout before it's sewn because for some reason, it gives me a different perspective of the design. I always see something that needs adjusted or corrected. In this case, I think the two top strawberries need to be a bit plumper. I'll have to cut new strawberries. I won't throw those two smaller strawberries away though...I never waste my wool! I'll use them in a pin cushion later.


So the candle that I have placed in the center of my mat is from the Fragrance Collection by Glade. It's a soy based candle and this fragrance is a wonderful scent of Currents and Acai. I haven't burned it yet, but I will soon. Just the scent in the room from the unburned candle is really nice.
I'm a Bzzagent so the people from http://www.bzzagent.com/ sent me this candle to try. After I try it myself, I'm supposed to spread the word about the product that they've sent me. I then report back to them about the positive or negative feedback. Usually I have coupons or samples to pass along too.
I thought this would be a perfect forum to spread the word about this exceptionally nice candle. They offer different scents and also reed diffusers.
Go take a visit to http://www.fragrancecollection.com/offer/Mar09/ . You can get a $2.00 off coupon there too. If you like good, quality candles, you should give it a try.


I still haven't completed the Tea For Me mat, but it absolutely, positively will be done by tomorrow. It has turned out so incredibly nice, but I don't want to show the picture until it's completed.
It's a lovely day today, I don't know if I'll get as much sewing done as I hoped.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OH NO! Strawberry pin cushons are my true weakness (and tomatoes too!) You will have to let me know as soon as the strawberry pin cushions are ripe and ready to pick! Love the candle mat. It's a good thing I have no room for them or I'd really be broke all the time. Enjoy your weather ours is rainy and riddle with tornados! We'er ok but neighboring counties are not. In the 60's though, not all bad.