Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Hatchings! New Pattern!

Yes, I’ve been unusually quiet, haven’t I!


I decided that the best way to get more time is to stay away from the computer as much as possible.


It’s so easy to sit down and start reading blogs only to find that an hour or more has gone by without realizing it! There’s just so much to read and see!


With this nice weather, there’s just too much to do outside to spend it sitting in front of a computer and …


I’ve had quite a few orders that I needed to catch up on before starting any new projects ….


100_3599


I managed to finish 3 tablerunners and 2 candle mats with the time that I saved by staying away from the computer.


I’m all caught up now and I’m just finishing up the pattern for this newest tablerunner called “Spring Hatchings!”


100_3612 I’m offering this for as a Preorder special price of $8.50 which includes shipping. This price is good for US and Canadian customers only. All other internationals, just email me for the purchase that will include a small shipping cost.


I should be able to have the pattern printed and ready to mail by this Saturday.


To order and pay, just click on the Paypal button over there to the left where you see the tablerunner picture. If you wish to pay by check, just email me for my address.


This tablerunner is shown as 10” wide and 24” long, but I had an order for one to be made 28” long and it was easy to adjust to that size.


100_3604 To make up for the additional length, I made the flowers a little higher and bigger and the tongues just a wee bit longer. This tablerunner can easily be made even longer than 28” too just by increasing the blank space in the center.


Don’t let the details on this scare you from trying it. It’s so worth the extra time it takes to stitch in all those flowers, but it looks nice with just a few flowers too. Even so, …..


100_3614




All the chicks and eggs are just whipped stitched so that part goes really quickly. It’s the embroidery stitches that take the time, but again, you can put as much or as little on as you wish.


BTW, the flowers that look almost white in these pictures are actually yellow. I just can't get the coloring right with my camera. I'll work on that today. :)


I like the looks of the whip stitch on the chicks especially …


100_3614a It gives a cute, feathery look to the little chicks.


100_3614b Did you notice the confuzzled little chick that just hatched?


100_3614c An thanks to the special request of my longtime favorite customer, I did manage to add in butterflies too!


That butterfly, in the original drawing gave me soooo much trouble. I just couldn’t get it to look right with so many attempts with different colors and different shapes, I finally gave up on it.


It bothered me though because I knew a cute butterfly in the design would look perfect if only I could get it to look perfect!


All it took was a “nudging” from my customer and the butterfly idea came back into my head and I figured it out. I love this little butterfly and I think the colors blend in perfectly with the rest of the design.


I owe that butterfly to Linda. :)


Brenda, over at Pumpkin Patch Primitives, is offering my "It's Spring, Chicks!" pattern as a kit which includes all the wool felts needed to make this cute candle mat .. CLick HERE if you wish to go over THERE!



Thank you to all that offered advice and suggestions about a new car. I hope to get out tomorrow to test drive a few more before making a decision on which model.


Oh, and my brother-in-law, Mark, warned me to not blog about him but when does a little threat ever stop me?!


I don’t have time to today, but some Mark blogging will be coming soon!


Happy Day everyone!

5 comments:

Friendship Crossing said...

Your newest tablerunner design is just gorgeous! I might have to order it also, to go along w/the others I ordered last week. LOL

I meant to tell you that I got my order from you in 2 days time! You got them out to me really fast and I appreciate it! Thanks so much!

Beautiful work as usual! Can't wait to see what you come up w/for summer!!

Tanya~www.friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

West Side of Straight said...

The Spring Hatchings are beautiful!

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the design and the colors you use are so pretty! Happy Spring.

Evonne said...

I know what you mean by time on the computer, and yet..... here I set. Oh well ,seeing all those spring chicks was worth it! Off I go to work,work,work.

Lisa said...

I love your chickie design!! YOu must really enjoy this one!
Hugs, Lisa