Monday, April 13, 2009

Future Projects: A Sneak Peak

Easter is over, now it's back to wool! I've been so busy this past week getting ready for Easter, that I haven't had much chance to do any sewing, but my head was quickly becoming full of great design ideas. Last night, I was physically exhausted from the day, but was excited to sit and draw out some of my ideas.
This morning, I dyed up some of the colors that I would need. I had to stop though because I'm out of vinegar (used in the wool dyeing process).
This is the very next project for a candle mat., bunches of violets. I'm going to make a little pincushion from this design first. I think I will alternate the colors of the violet flowers using purples and deep pink.
This is the next design that I'll work on this week. I did a nice Valentine candle mat using this similar sheep design and thought it would be nice to do different seasons and or holidays using this same design. So this is the Spring Sheep. I'll probably do a pin cushion with this pattern too.

I've been wanting to do butterflies using this design, but I just haven't been able to come up with a decent layout for it. I drew this up but I don't think I will use this design. I don't like the scale of the flowers compared to the butterfly, so it's back to the drawing board. I probably should just do all butterflies but that's going to take a LOT of time to do 6 or 8 butterflies with all that detail, but if I do manage to do all that work, it could be absolutely wonderful ... hmmm.... gotta think more on this design, for sure.
I dyed up this wool this morning. At first I was disappointed because it didn't turn out like I was hoping. However, looking at it on my table as it dried, it reminded me of the colors that are in my bunch of ivy that I have in a basket. Now, without even trying I've the wool to make a nice ivy covered candle mat! I need to work out that design now.
My Ebay listings HERE, for the Strawberry candle mat and pin cushion are ending tonight. So much time was put into creating and making that candle mat, I can't help but to say a little prayer that the bids go a lot higher in the final seconds.

3 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Love your projects! Isn't the design process fun! I like how you lay out the paper and love the ivy wool!

Cathy

Michelle said...

OH my gosh!!! Your wool work is just wonderful and I love the little sheep!!

Have you seen the new craftgawker.com site yet?

LADY JANE said...

What an art! I love to make up my patterns too...best of selling you treasures for what you are hoping! Seems like you never know on E-bay...
Glad you stopped by ...Happy Pink Saturday!